Responsibilities: Assist the sports producer and anchor with the evening
sportscasts by “logging” games that we use for highlight. Learn to identify proper highlights, video, sound bites, etc… to use in our shows. Learn to edit on the newest newsroom digital technology available…Final Cut Pro, system that allows us to edit straight from our desk computers.
And, occasionally interns go out in the field to help with interviews. Mostly, this internship
allows students to get an opportunity to get “hands on” experience in a television newsroom.
* Additional Information
Four Internship Sessions (limited to 1 session per calendar year)
– Fall (8-12 Weeks)
– Winter (8-10 Weeks)
– Spring (8-12 Weeks)
– Summer (8-12 Weeks)
– Must be 18 or older and eligible to work in the US.
– Registered students in good standing at an accredited college or university preferred.
– Must be able to work 20 hours a week which will be allocated for Saturdays and/or Sundays.
– Students can receive university or college credit for participating in this program but need to handle paperwork involved
– Undergraduate (junior/senior standing) or graduate students attending an accredited college or university majoring in Broadcasting/Communications/Journalism or related field of study. Students must be able to obtain college credit for the internship experience.
Internships pays state minimum wage.
Equal Opportunity Employer
If interested send cover letter & resume to:
WGN-TV Human Resources Dept.
2501 W. Bradley Place, Chicago, IL 60618
Fax: (773) 528-1387
Apply On-line: Please go to http://www.tribunemedia.com, go to Careers, then job listings and search for keywords “Sports Internship".
Resumes must be received at least one month prior to the beginning of each session to assure full consideration.*
Interns are considered trainees and not employees under the Fair Labor Standards Act of 1973.