WQAD News 8, the Tribune owned ABC affiliate in Moline, IL is seeking an experienced news anchor/reporter to anchor our weekend newscasts and report during the week. We are looking for an authentic, dynamic, engaging talent who can connect with an audience on all platforms. The ideal candidate will have solid news judgment, strong reporting skills, the ability to tell memorable stories and can ad lib with ease.
The ideal candidate will be a newsroom leader who is a self-starter, a good newsroom citizen and an advocate for the target viewer. We are looking for someone who thrives on bringing value to our local audience, drives important and breaking news and is able to do quality in-depth reporting on a daily basis.
• Conversational anchor skills, ability to adlib with ease and connect audiences through professionalism and personality
• Covers day of news or special project assignments in accordance with station brand initiatives and audience content priorities
• Works with producers and writers to improve newscasts
• Engage with audience on all relevant social media platforms
• Represents station at public events
• Minimum of 5 years of on air experience
• Past anchoring and reporting experience required
• Strong journalistic ethics
• Ability to work under tight deadlines and work a flexible schedule
• Degree in Journalism or related field
If you are interested in this position
Send a resume to Alan Baker, News Director, WQAD News 8, 3003 Park 16th Street, Moline, Illinois 61265-6061 or e-mail at email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer