The primary focus of the Production Technician is to provide production assistance to our morning show and in-studio programming.
Floor directs newscasts.
· Lights studio and remote locations.
· Maintains all equipment and oversees all studio production.
· Operates the studio handheld, Steadicam, and jib camera
· Operates the studio robotic cameras.
· Controls the teleprompter.
· Operates the audio board during newscasts and production.
· Sets-up and records field production by operating cameras, recorders, lighting and audio equipment.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Must have excellent communication skills and ability to choreograph on-air talent and other studio production crew simultaneously. Must be physically able to reach and manipulate all operating controls on the technical equipment. Ability to make decisions and react quickly in order to respond to last minute program changes and equipment malfunctions. Must be able to multitask on a high-risk level. Experience in audio during newscasts. Knowledge of lighting techniques. Know-how to frame camera shots. Experience operating a teleprompter.
A minimum of two years broadcast experience.
Must be able to stand for long periods of time. Ability to maneuver cameras and manipulate camera and lens controls. Ability to climb ladders for set repair and lamp replacement. Ability to lift and move lamp fixtures, sets, and props. Ability to control the teleprompter speed consistent with the talent reading speed. Good eyesight and hearing for the monitoring and reporting of commercial and program quality. Good hearing to receive director commands.
KDAF is an Equal Opporunity Employer