The primary purpose of the weekend web content specialist is to produce and develop mobile, web and broadcast content. Strong candidates need to know how to work on all three platforms. Understand the importance of social networks and the necessity to keep learning all new technology- including producing special videos for social media and digital platforms. The candidate would work a maximum 18 hours a week unless otherwise needed.
• Confirm, write stories in AP style and produce local/national stories using information coming from the assignment desk, police Facebook pages and news releases.
• Know the different social media outlets and how each one works successfully. What content will get the best engagement on each medium.
• Stay on top of trending stories via social media- confirm those stories- find elements we can report with including approved images/video.
• Make sure our social media accounts are updated with unique content focusing on each outlets audience. ( Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and You Tube)
• Be a self –starter who jumps in and knows the elements needed for breaking news, breaking out top stories into multiple content pieces for digital.
• Embrace new technology and tools provided to us by our corporate team- including 360 camera, fb lives, instastories, mevo and osmo.
• Find ways to incorporate more video into stories- must know how to use new technology (iphone/skype/ipad/etc).
• Think like a reporter to hunt for unique content that would drive our web traffic and confirm local stories when needed.
• Work with on-air staff on breaking out web stories, posting social media content, producing extra elements for web.
• Have story ideas for web and other digital mediums. Know what story works for which platform.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism or related field is desired.
• Minimum of two years professional internet, digital and or television broadcast experience.
• Proficient in multitasking, writing exceptional stories (ap style).
• Knowledge in HTML, using SEO and photoshop/dreamweaver.
• Solid judgment.
• Must have diversity of ideas and interests.
• Strong organizational, communication, management, and technical skills.
• Must have strong communication skills to work with producers on cross-promoting web/broadcast elements.
• Must be a self-starter, detail oriented, responsible, reliable, excellent at handling deadlines and a team player.
Apply On-line: Please go to http://www.tribunemedia.com/careers/ and search for keyword “Weekend Digital Content Web Specialist”.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER