WJW-TV is currently seeking an Intern for our News department. The internship is paid and lasts 8-12 weeks.
•Support live news broadcasts with program content creation. This is an opportunity to learn and participate in the daily production of a fast-paced, major market newscast. Tasks may include writing scripts for live newscasts, creating graphic elements and assisting in story research.
•Assist the Web Producers in story research and writing, use social media to gather information or share station content, and video publishing. Tasks may include conducting internet searches, scanning and reading multiple news sources, writing posts for station social media accounts, creating content for station’s website.
•Assist the Assignment Desk in researching story ideas and coordinating crews of reporters and photographers in their daily assignments. Tasks may include retrieving file materials, answering telephones, making beat checks, and assisting assignment editors and reporters in setting up coverage plans.
• Must be 18 or older and a registered student in good standing at an accredited college or university
• Must be able to work hours required by department.
• Working knowledge of computer operations, proficient in EXCEL..
• Must be organized, detail oriented, accurate and a self-starter.
• Excellent analytical, writing, and computer skills.
• Must be able to work effectively under time constraints, and must have the ability to manage his/her normal workload.
Apply On-line: Please go to http://www.tribunemedia.com/careers/ and search for keyword “News Intern”.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER