METEOROLOGIST – We are FOX 17 News, A Tribune station in the 43rd market and we looking for our next meteorologist. West Michigan experiences every kind of severe weather, so if you are into forecasting and tracking when big weather breaks, this is a great opportunity for you. You must be energetic, engaging and excited to live and work on Michigan’s West Coast. The next FOX 17 meteorologist must have an intense passion for covering severe and inconvenient weather that impacts our viewer’s lives. We are looking for a dynamic personality who can strike a balance between being aggressive when serious weather threatens and having fun when the skies clear. Willingness to report General Assignment News when needed also expected.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Deliver on-air forecasts for station newscasts and local programming.
• Produce and prepare weather forecasts.
• Provide forecasts and breaking news on digital platforms.
• Report weather, news and breaking news for station newscasts.
• Aggressive on social media and demonstrated ability to engage audience on all platforms.
• Desire to connect with local communities by meeting with local groups and representing WXMI at important events.
• Experience shooting and editing video as an MMJ.
Successful candidates MUST have At least THREE years of weather forecasting experience in a small or medium-market commercial TV newsroom. Prior experience as a Meteorologist and reporter preferred. Please apply online: http://www.tribunemedia.com/careers/. Please include a clickable link to your demo reel in your resume.
Tribune Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.