WXMI FOX 17, the Tribune owned station located in Grand Rapids, Michigan is looking for a Producer who can execute all aspects of the broadcast and digital story-telling process. The right candidate will be expected to come up with original content daily for broadcasts and digital platforms. Must be comfortable juggling multiple projects at once and managing various crews. Needs to be a strong researcher, writer, show producer, communicator and leader. This person must be able to take charge of a newscast, make strong news decisions and be able to coordinate many live shots and handle breaking news like a pro. This producer must be flexible and be able to write strong copy for TV and the web if necessary, coordinate with reporters and produce a newscast that is showcased.
• Determine content flow of show rundowns.
• Work with management, senior producers and staff generating and writing stories for on-air and website.
• Work stories independently as well as collaboratively with various reporters.
• Work quickly and efficiently to produce daily newscasts on strict deadlines.
• Develop story ideas, research and plan segments.
• Fast and accurate script writing, video and graphic production
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Discretion, maturity and composure-especially under pressure.
• Ability to work flexible hours including nights, holidays and weekends.
• Must have a solid news judgment and knowledge of working newsroom.
• Journalism degree preferred
• Prior television reporting or producing in a commercial newsroom or equivalent.
• Excellent writing, production and computer assisted reporting skills.
• Must be creative and well organized with good people skills.
• Strong leadership skills.
• Ability to work in fast-paced environment with changing priorities and deadlines.
Please apply online: http://www.tribunemedia.com/careers/.
Tribune Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.