WXMI FOX 17, a Tribune Broadcasting station has an opening for an experienced television Manager, MCO/Operations to join our team of broadcast professionals. The ideal candidate has experience with broadcast automation systems and strong computer skills or IT experience. Must have the desire to learn, train and lead with excellence. Experience working in a broadcast hub facility is highly desired
• Train as a Master Control Operator in all functions of the Brutus automation system
• Acquires and verifies all shows, commercials and all other materials are ready for air on all stations; researches and contacts appropriate sources for missing material
• Prep Duties will include, Syndicated programs, Movies, and Paid programs
• Working in close quarters with peers as required.
• Responsible for maintaining the CompuSat database, and scheduling of recordings.
• Maintains files and storage space on video server hard drives.
• Utilize knowledge of all FCC rules and regulations governing television broadcasters including EAS requirements, logging closed captioning and compliance with the FCC Children’s Television Act to ensure stations remain compliant
• Effectively communicate with other departments regarding on-air and operational situations
• Must be computer literate including but not limited to working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Other duties as assigned
Please apply online: http://www.tribunemedia.com/careers/ search for Manager, MCO/Operations
Tribune Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.