Are you a “news junkie” with a passion for journalism and content creation? If so, WQAD News 8 has an immediate opening for a part-time producer.
As a key member of our online news team you will be contributing a variety of content to WQAD.com, associated digital platforms and social media. The ideal candidate will be outgoing, have natural curiosity, a passion for news, and the ability to tell a complete and understandable story using a variety of storytelling tools.
• Mine a wide variety of sources for relevant content. Select, research, write and produce original articles, videos and other viral content.
• Work independently and use solid judgement for content selection and priorities.
• Work under frequently tight deadlines and have the ability to react to breaking news situations quickly and accurately.
• Capture and edit images and video using Final Cut 10.
• Develop sources and review contributions from others for publication.
• Assist in reviewing digital analytics and metrics to help adjust our digital strategy as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• The ideal candidate will be working toward a Bachelor’s Degree in mass communications, journalism or a related field, strong writing skills, strong organizational skills, and a high level of creativity.
• The right candidate for this position will be available to work a variety of hours including overnights and weekends.
• Must have a working knowledge of editing on Final Cut Pro
• Must be willing to submit to a background check and have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE AT: www.wqad.com or send your resume to Katrina Lamansky (Executive Producer) email@example.com
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER