Reporting to the station’s Traffic leader, the Traffic Coordinator, is responsible for coordinating and maintaining the daily process of commercial attachments with precision for WXMI Fox 17 based in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
• Meeting a strict deadline to ensure daily logs contain correct commercial copy information.
• Matching with accuracy commercial instructions from clients with sales orders within the traffic system. This includes communicating in a timely manner with internal stakeholders and external clients if clarification for accuracy is needed during in the process.
• Assigning correct house numbers to commercials.
• Actively managing the commercial material database, including the purging of outdated commercials on a regular basis.
• Ensuring the download of all logs into the Master Control automation system daily, hitting deadlines.
• Managing barter spot commercials and any shifts due to programming.
• Assist the Traffic Manager with any projects or tasks needed in the traffic department. Cross train where appropriate.
• Communicate effectively and timely with station copy stakeholders including sales, master control, promotion and finance.
• High level of accuracy; ability to compare and verify information.
• The ability to communicate quickly and clearly with personnel both in and out of the organization.
• Able to work under time constraints and manage deadlines productively.
• Take initiative and make decisions without daily guidance.
• High-school graduate required. College degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
• Experience in a business environment a plus.
To apply, submit resume and cover letter to: http://www.tribunemedia.com/careers/
WXMI FOX 17/Tribune Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer