Candidates should be passionate about news, self-motivated, and able to multitask. Good communication skills and eye for viral news stories is a must. Basic production and video editing skills preferred (we use Final Cut)
- Monitor social media daily activities on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- Reach out to users through social media to request footage of events/stories, as well as to interview witnesses and report information back to the station.
- Identify trending and breaking news - find news online before other media covers it.
- Transcribing interviews, finding soundbites.
- Opportunity to assist on shoots, archive research.
- Identifying and contacting people directly involved in stories to secure permissions for video and photos.
- Offer ideas, input and feedback during brainstorming cycles.
- Handle miscellaneous urgent tasks as they arise.
* Additional Information
– Must be 18 or older and a registered student in good standing at an accredited college or university.
– Must be able to work the hours required by department.
– Students can receive university or college credit for participating in this program but need to handle paperwork involved
Internships pays state minimum wage.
Apply On-line: Please go to http://www.tribunemedia.com, go to Careers, then job listings and search for keywords “Evening News Internship”.