Direct various live and taped broadcasts and productions, including from remote locations. Create all graphics and shot sheets for newscasts. Technical direct when assigned. Responsible for final product being developed.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONS ESSENTIAL TO THE JOB:
• Physically and verbally direct live broadcasts
• Design various graphic elements for broadcasts
• Adjust to breaking news or changing circumstances
• Direct/TD special programming and/or projects
• Work as a liaison between news department and production department
• Perform other duties such as assistant direct and studio camera operator
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
• Four year degree in communication.
• Three years experience directing in a television or production facility
• Knowledge of state of the art equipment and techniques used in producing and directing live and taped broadcasts
• Valid drivers license is required.
Internal Contacts: External Contacts:
News Department Viewers
Promotions Department Clients
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Production personnel that are involved with a broadcast production.
STATEMENT ABOUT OTHER DUTIES:
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, e.g. , emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs, special projects, technological developments, etc.
If you are interested, apply to Bill Pierson via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
WHO-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer