PURPOSE FOR THE POSITION: Contribute in any way necessary to the content gathering and producing for www.13Now.com, www.WHOtv.com and WHO-HD.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONS ESSENTIAL TO THE JOB:
• Engaging on-air and online personality.
• Ability to write web, text and social-media versions of news stories.
• Ability to shoot and to edit video and sound.
• Ability to operate ENG Live truck.
• Ability to enterprise news stories.
• Ability to write and interpret broadcast-news copy.
• Ability to report live-breaking news.
• Ability to handle deadline pressure.
• Ability to drive news vehicles when needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Valid driver’s license
• Computer literate. Experience with Final Cut Pro preferred
• Knowledge of social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, etc.
• 2 years television newsroom experience
• 2 years news reporting/writing experience preferred.
• 4-year college degree preferred
• Work under extreme pressure, deadlines, and adverse weather conditions
• Desk work, walking, and standing
• Internal contacts: All station personnel
• External contacts: General public
STATEMENT ABOUT OTHER DUTIES:
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, e.g. , emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs, special projects, technological developments, etc. If interested in this position, please email resume to rod.peterson@WHOtv.com or deliver resume to 1801 Grand Avenue, Des Moines, IA M-F 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM.
Tribune Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer