- Directing newscasts and other live programs
- Assistant Directing
- Editing, running cameras, floor, prompter, audio, or graphics as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- This position requires a person who is the ultimate multi-tasker. Must be able to handle multiple live shots, breaking news, and be able to look ahead and adjust to changes while keeping the show moving.
- Supervise the production side of our broadcast and ensuring the highest quality broadcast reaches air. You will also sometimes only have seconds to diagnose a problem. Video decks crashed? CG channel stopped working? The Director is the last line of defense before the product hits the air.
- Applicants must possess the ability to work well under pressure and work well with others. Strong organizational and logistical skills are a must. Must be able to work flexible hours including weekends and holidays.
- Applicants must demonstrate creativity, initiative, and a desire to try and create new things.
- Must be able to make and execute last second decisions.
- Must be able to work closely with Producer, Editors, Transmission, Engineering, Floor Crew, other directors
- Shift supervisor, when Production Manager is not in, overseeing editors and floor crew. During shows responsible for crew breaks and staffing.
- ROSS Overdrive, TONS, VizRT, OPUS, Final Cut Pro
- Required to sit for long periods of time
- Required to operate a keyboard and mouse
- Some lifting
- Ladder climbing
Personal Protective Equipment
- Work performed primarily in an office environment, in the Control Room and in studio
- Exposure to electrical equipment