Position: Morning Executive Producer
Reports To: News Director
KFOR-TV/KAUT-TV, Oklahoma City’s market leader has an immediate opening for a Morning Executive Producer. The Morning EP will supervise KFOR and KAUT’S 5 hours of morning newscasts. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of leadership, creativity and collaboration skills to increase the depth and reach of our newscasts and digital platforms while building new audiences and enhancing the user experience. The Morning Executive Producer will execute best practices in this aggressive breaking news and severe weather market.
This position requires someone who can exercise discretion, best judgment, and has solid journalistic/ethical skills. Degree in journalism or equivalent experience preferred. Must be willing to work flexible hours.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, special projects, technological developments, etc.
We are looking for a passionate, experienced leader who:
• can assume a newsroom leadership and work closely with the News Director and dayside Executive Producer to shape newsroom strategy and policy
• can coordinate overnight operations with our team of morning show producers, the assignment desk, and KFOR’s digital team
• can function at a high level under breaking news situations and deadlines
• has strong journalistic skills
• can produce high-quality original content and fill in to produce a newscast when necessary
• can work independently/effectively/with minimal oversight from management
• work with producers to assure cross-promotion of broadcast/web/social media/mobile platforms
• coach staff to write and produce effective lead-ins and teases.
• work with the Creative Services department to create strong promos for newscasts and station events
• is creative with a sense of humor
For consideration please apply to www.tribunemediacareers.com search the business unit for OK-Oklahoma City
Equal Opportunity Employer