WQAD News 8, the Tribune owned affiliate in Moline, IL is seeking an experienced Multi-Media Journalist join our news team. Qualified candidate must be a creative visual storyteller and have at least 2 years’ experience as a news photographer/editor. Applicants must demonstrate creativity, initiative, and have a working knowledge of field cameras, non-linear editing and ENG units. Strong newsroom leadership skills a plus.
This opportunity is for that person who wants to work with our news team.
Are you a creative person with a good eye for storytelling and positive work ethic? Are you able to inform and entertain through the use of great visuals and natural sound?
NPPA style of shooting and editing is preferred. You should be technically astute with Go Pros, mobile, Final Cut, etc. Your stories will run the gamut from enterprise stories, to features and natural sound stories.
Other responsibilities will be outlined during interview.
• 2+ years' in television broadcast as well as Live U, Dejero, TVU and ENG/SNG experience preferred
• Possess excellent videography, lightning, and non-linear editing skills
• NPPA style shooting and editing preferred
• Advanced knowledge with Go Pros, Mobile, Final Cut, etc.
• Must be willing to submit to a background check and drug screening
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
If you are interested in this position
Send a resume to Andy McKay, Chief Photographer, WQAD News 8, 3003 Park 16th Street, Moline, Illinois 61265-6061 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org