Contribute in any way necessary to the content gathering of information for WHO-HD.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONS ESSENTIAL TO THE JOB:
• Engaging on air-personality.
• Shoots television news/sports stories.
• Ability to write and interpret broadcast news/sports copy.
• Ability to write and to post news/sports stories online and on social media.
• Ability to handle live breaking news.
• Ability to produce credible reports.
• Ability to handle deadline pressure.
• Edits television news/sports stories.
• Drives news vehicles when needed. This includes live vehicles.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Valid drivers license
2 years television newsroom experience
2 years news reporting/writing experience preferred
4-year college degree preferred
Work under extreme pressure, deadlines and adverse weather conditions.
Desk work, walking and standing
Internal Contacts: External Contacts:
All station personnel General public
STATEMENT ABOUT OTHER DUTIES:
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs, special projects, technological developments, etc.
If you are interested, apply in writing to: Rod Peterson News Director, WHO-HD 1801 Grand Avenue, Des Moines, IA 50309. Fax information to (515) 242-3796 or e-mail to rod.peterson@WHOTV.com
Tribune Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer