Contribute in any way necessary to the content gathering and reporting of information for WHO-TV, 13now, whotv.com and social-media feeds.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONS ESSENTIAL TO THE JOB:
• Engaging on air-personality.
• Ability to anchor a newscast.
• Ability to enterprise news stories.
• Ability to write and to interpret broadcast-news copy.
• Ability to report live-breaking news.
• Ability to produce credible reports.
• Ability to handle deadline pressure.
• Ability to write web versions of news stories.
• Ability to drive a news vehicle when needed
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
• Valid drivers license
• Computer literate
• 2 years television newsroom experience
• 2 years news reporting/writing experience preferred
• 4-year college degree preferred
• Work under extreme pressure, deadlines and adverse weather conditions.
• Desk work, walking and standing
Internal Contacts: External Contacts:
All station personnel General public
STATEMENT ABOUT OTHER DUTIES:
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs, special projects, technological developments, etc.
If you are interested, apply in writing to: Rod Peterson News Director, WHO-TV 1801 Grand Avenue, Des Moines, IA 50309. Fax information to (515) 242-3796 or e-mail to rod.peterson@WHOTV.com
Tribune Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer