WXMI FOX 17, a Tribune television station in Grand Rapids, MI (DMA #39), seeks an energetic and highly motivated Account Executive. Qualified applicants must be creative thinkers, have passion for business development and be capable of achieving revenue goals through multi-platform advertising, sports and sponsorship sales.
The Account Executive is responsible for generating media revenue to meet or exceed predetermined goals. Candidates must demonstrate the ability to create revenue by prospecting potential advertisers, delivering sales presentations and securing relationships with local businesses and advertising agencies
• Develop and manage revenue producing relationships with clients and advertising agencies
• Prospect potential new advertisers and build a full pipeline of sales prospects
• Analyze clients’ marketing goals, develop needs based solutions and present solution sets to key decision makers
• Oversee advertising campaign execution and analysis
• Work collaboratively with internal partners to drive revenue
• Operate with a sense of urgency, take initiative and anticipate problems
• Exhibit exceptional written and verbal communication
• College degree preferred
• Proven track record of sales success, preferably in media setting
• Ability to operate independently, as well as part of a team
• Exceptional communication and presentation skills
• Ability to build and maintain strong professional relationships
• Great attention to detail and strong follow-through skills
• Strong work ethic, sense of urgency and competitive spirit
• Proficiency with computer applications such as Word, Excel and Powerpoint
• Co-op and vendor support knowledge helpful
Please apply online: http://www.tribunemedia.com/careers/ -
Tribune Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
Tribune Media Company (NYSE: TRCO) is home to a diverse portfolio of television and digital properties driven by quality news, entertainment and sports programming. Tribune Media is comprised of Tribune Broadcasting’s 42 owned or operated local television stations reaching more than 50 million households, national entertainment network WGN America, whose reach is approaching 80 million households, Tribune Studios, and a variety of digital applications and websites commanding 60 million monthly unique visitors online. Tribune Media also includes Chicago’s WGN-AM and the national multicast networks Antenna TV and THIS TV. Additionally, the Company owns and manages a significant number of real estate properties across the U.S. and holds a variety of investments, including a 31% interest in Television Food Network, G.P., which operates Food Network and Cooking Channel. For more information, please visit www.tribunemedia.com.